Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sweetness Abounds this Sunday!

 

I am so excited about this Sunday. Nope -- ain't goin' to church. It's the Maple Farm Sanctuary's Farm Fest on June 4 from 12 - 4 pm! It's going to be a free admission, with farm tours, games, face-painting, raffles, food, and kids crafts. All the proceeds will go towards supporting the animals in their care. I'm just looking forward to hanging with all the sweet animals.

Maple Farm is a forever home to creatures (mostly farm animals) that were abused, abandoned, and unwanted. Some of them were on their way to slaughter and were brought to Maple Farm instead. I went there a few weeks ago to check it out and it's a remarkable place. The goats were too cute to be believed! The residents there have some incredible stories and I can hardly wait to meet their new baby goat, Bentley... (see below)


If you're in Massachusetts, please consider going! The weather is supposed to be great, it's an incredible cause, and you'll have a blast, I promise. If you're not in the area, there are amazing sanctuaries all over the United States, and many abroad, I'm sure, though I haven't had a chance to check that out yet. They're very happy places and can lighten your heart instantly. (California seems to have a huge number of them!)

Anywho, I hope you all get a chance to treat yourself to one of these incredible places ...

Peaceful Eating!
~Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment